MICROBIOLOGY APPLICATIONS IN FROG FARMING
Currently, the frequent use of chemicals to treat the environment and overuse of antibiotics for frog farming will lead to residual antibiotic content in livestock, causing difficulties in exporting to the market and affecting the health of consumers. In addition, improper use of antibiotics can cause antibiotic resistance in aquatic animals, chemical residues in the environment, and reduced crop productivity, leading to many consequences later.
Some typical frog farming ponds. Photo: Thai Nam Viet
1 . Common problems in the process of frog farming:
- Water with alum and suspended organic matter.
- Green water, toxic algae grow and poisonous gas is generated.
- Harmful fungi and bacteria exist in pond water.
- The pond bottom mud is pasty, black, and has a bad smell.
- Frogs breathe directly through the skin, so they are easily affected by toxic gases and bacterial infections from the environment.
- Frog feeding floor is covered with seaweed and algae, containing pathogens caused by leftovers and organic matter, frogs eating food on the floor are susceptible to intestinal diseases
- Uneaten food and animal waste contaminate and breed pathogens.
- Common diseases on frogs: Skin ulcers and internal bleeding, red feet; Mycosis; Bloating, Eye edema, Neck twist, Dysentery, liver pus; Parasitic infections; Eating each other…
2. Application solutions from microorganisms:
a. ENVIRONMENTAL TREATMENT: SCD PROBIO BALANCE PLUS, SLUDGE REMOVER TABLET, PROCOZOLL
- Inhibition of harmful fungi and bacteria in frog ponds: Prevention of sores, red feet, Fungal diseases, and hemorrhagic diseases on the skin caused by bacterial infections, …. Inhibit harmful fungi and bacteria in the pond from the very beginning.
- Decompose organic sludge, frog waste, and reduce odors in frog farming ponds: Destroy the habitat of harmful fungi and bacteria. Limit intestinal diseases for Frogs.
- Light, stable water, inhibits odors and toxic gases: Creates a clean living environment for healthy pets.
b. SUPPLEMENTS FOR gastrointestinal system, intestinal tract: AQUAFEED/AQUAMEDICA intestinal yeast combined with AQUAESTHE algae extract
- Creating beneficial microorganisms for the digestive system of farmed frogs: Preventing flatulence, eye edema, neck twisting, dysentery, hemorrhage, limiting pyogenic liver disease
- Food hydrolyzate makes digestion easier for frogs: Frogs absorb more food. Frogs are healthy, grow fast, no antibiotics – better price.
- Supplementing nutritional minerals from Ascophyllum Nodosum algae extract: Helps strengthen immunity, stimulates weight gain, expands thighs, and increases the value of farmed frog products.
3. Process of using microorganisms for raising frogs:
The period before stocking
Environmental stabilization: Use activated SCD Probio Balance Plus with a min dose. 3 liters – 1000 m 3 of water used for 2 times morning and afternoon.
Stocking stage: Treating bad smell, black water, and foul black mud.
Periodic: Alternating enzymes and microorganisms, once every 5-7 days.
Day 1: Use 1 bottle of Procozoll enzyme 100ml for 2,000 – 3,000 m3 of water in the sunny afternoon.
Day 2: Use min.3 liters of SCD for 1,000 m3. Swim into the pond in the morning or afternoon. Day 3: Using micro-organisms SLUDGE REMOVER TABLET 100gr for ponds of 2,000 – 3,000 m3 of water. Can be aerated before use to increase product potency
Supplement beneficial bacteria for the intestinal tract, stimulate weight gain, and expand the thighs for frogs.
Stage of rearing and rearing tadpoles: Periodically use 1-3 gr of AQUAFEED/AQUAMEDICA to mix for 1 kg of feed or pour directly into the pond. Plan to feed every day or every other day.
Commercial stage: Use a combination of 1-3 gr of AQUAFEED/AQUAMEDICA + AQUAESTHE mixture for 1 kg of feed. Periodically feed every day or every other day.
Actual dosage may vary depending on environmental situation and frog health.
Do not use probiotics with other bactericides, antibiotics, or herbs during the process of raising frogs.
For more information and detailed instructions, please contact the technical staff of Thai Nam Viet company for the best support. We are glad to be partnering with you.
Wishing you a successful harvest season